Friday, September 18, 2009

Brookelyn's 2nd Birthday!

Two years have already passed since we welcomed our beautiful Brookelyn Grace into this world. Holding my own baby girl for the very first time was one of the happiest moments in my life! She was very unexpected and the nine months brought many tears, prayers and trials. The Lord did a miraculous work in my life as well as Aaron's used that baby to bring us back to Himself.  The Grace that He showed us even when we weren't turning to Him amazed me. Without His grace our lives would be empty and meaningless. I chose the middle name Grace to constantly remind me to turn to Him and that His Grace is sufficient for thee.  

These two years have been a whirlwind of craziness!!! Our darling little girl has enough energy to keep both Mommy and Daddy running after her all day! The house is never clean. I will spend  hours cleaning and organizing after she goes to bed so I can start my day off with a clean house.. In a matter of half an hour after she wakes up this is what you can expect my house to look like.


I wanted to take cute birthday pictures of her but she couldnt sit still for more than 30 seconds so this was as good as I could get.

After messing up the house, coloring on the wall, putting stickers all over herself, myself and Brayden, she decided she needed a new outfit on...

                                   Kinda cute that she picked out the birthday shirt!!!! 
We thought the highlight of the day would be to let her have icecream cake because she never gets sugar. Every once in a while she will get some bites of frozen yogurt when we go out to our favorite 'fro-yo' place... But mostly her sugar fixes come from fruit or  a sippy of juice. (Which is actually mostly water but shhh don't tell her that!) To our surprise she ate 3 bites and told us she was done!!!!! Oh well, the frosting on that cake was so nasty looking and dyed our fingers blue for two days.

After a busy day of being the special birthday girl she cuddled with her favorite brother! She is very good to him. Sometime she is a little rough with him and he has been known to have scratch marks all over his head or bite marks on his arm but for the most part all she is trying to do is show him how much she loves him!

                        "Nukies, Taggies, NighNighs!" is the saying around the house when it is time for the babies to go to sleep. Brookelyn  loves the tag on her blanket and calls it her Taggie. Brayden also has to have a blankie covering his face when he sleeps!! Takes after his big sister already.


Being a Mommy to Brookelyn is so rewarding even though she makes me want to pull my hair out! I can't imgaine life without her... I want her to always stay my little baby but I look forward to seeing her grow into a young lady!

No comments: