Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Orange juice

We have had bizarre weather here in Southern California.
We had weeks of super hot weather to constant rain to now its really cold.
Well, cold by my standards, maybe not by a Minnesotan! 
There is a beautiful orange tree in our back yard.
I have been patiently waiting for them to turn bright orange.
The days of pouring rain were quite depressing but I started to notice that the rain was benefitting my beautiful oranges! 
The rain kept away all the bugs, spiders, webs and dirt.
(Last year we didn't get to use very many because they had too many bugs and such. Now I know why farmers us pesticides because those poor oranges don't stand a chance sometimes!)
Aaron's sister came for new years so she and Brooke had the lovely task of picking them.
After I scrubbed them up they gleamed and you could smell the citrus.
We all sat there peeling and drooling.
Our result was this.
We all drank a whole glass right away it was so good.
I guess there can be benefits to so much rain! 

2 comments:

Mindy said...

Looks delicious. You should freeze some for the next time I come down...

~ Tandis ~ said...

I AM DROOLING!!!!!! That looks so incredibly gooooooood!!!!!!!!!!
We had California fresh squeezed OJ at our hotel in Anaheim two years ago and I think I drank a gallon of it. This just teases my taste buds to look at.